TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By using this website and by participating in A.S. Flying School activities, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you will withhold from participating in our activities. Changes to these terms and conditions may occur.
1. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
• You agree to the terms and conditions set out on this page.
• You may be asked to provide your weight, height, age, prior flight training information, any medical conditions that may affect your ability to safely participate in our activities, and any other information that is requested by us when applying for any activity with A.S. Flying School.
• When participating in A.S. Flying School activities, you must have a blood alcohol concentration of zero percent (0.00%) and must not be under the influence of any non-prescription drugs. You must inform the instructor of any medications you are currently taking or any medical or physical conditions you have that may affect your ability to safely fly and coordinate yourself.
• You may be asked to provide valid photo identification such as a driver’s licence or a passport.
• You must be proficient in the English language if you wish to undertake flight lessons.
• You must follow any rules or conditions introduced or communicated by A.S. Flying School.
• We expect you to arrive at least ten (10) minutes early for any of your appointment bookings.
• You and anyone who accompanies you must not engage in reckless, foolish, or negligent behaviour, or any other behaviour that may create risk of injury to you or a third party, while on the premise or participating in our activities.
• You must read and accept the risk warning detailed further in section 7 of the terms and conditions.
• You must respect all staff, instructors, and fellow students and respect all property, equipment, and facilities.
• We are not liable for any damages or losses to any of your personal belongings that you keep unattended on the premises.
• You must wear suitable clothing at all times.
• The A.S. Flying School Membership Program provides two (2) hours of dual flying lessons per month in the Tecnam P2008 and complimentary landing fees.
• A $556 deposit must be made to commence the membership program and weekly payments will be automatically deducted from the provided card.
• Any additional briefings or flying time will incur additional costs at the normal A.S. Flying School rates.
• You must provide A.S. Flying School with any changes to your details that are relevant to your membership in writing.
• A.S. Flying School reserves the right to amend membership fees charged to members and agrees to reasonably provide you with written notice of any changes. Changes will take effect thirty (30) days after the written notice has been received by you. At the end of the thirty (30) day period, you authorise A.S. Flying School and/or our payment provider to debit the new amount into your account.
• A.S. Flying School will endeavour to contact you by phone, sms, or email to inform you of any overdue payments. If you cannot be contacted in this manner, we will provide you with a written notice of overdue payments.
• In the event that a weekly direct debit payment is dishonoured by your financial institution, you will be charged a dishonour fee.
• Additional fees may apply for any overdue or late payments.
• If there are repeated failures to meet your payment obligations, your membership may be suspended or terminated with written notice to you. You will not be able to redeem membership benefits.
• Your membership or its privileges are not transferrable by you to any other person. Additional aircraft hire or lessons will incur normal A.S. Flying School rates.
• The two (2) hours of free aircraft hire of the Tecnam P2008 does not roll over into the next month in the event that you have not used this service.
• You may cancel your membership any time before redeeming any of the membership benefits of that current month.
• If you wish to cancel your membership but you have already redeemed membership payments for that month, you must pay the amount owing at the normal A.S. Flying School rates.
• You acknowledge and agree that all fees are non-refundable upon cancellation. You further acknowledge that failure to use membership services does not affect this condition and that we are not responsible for notifying you for unused services.
• Discovery Flight vouchers can only be redeemed by one person. Multiple vouchers can be purchased as gifts.
• Vouchers expire three (3) years from purchase. Bookings are not applicable on public holidays.
• If you have completed your first Discovery Flight, any additional flights booked by you will be charged at normal A.S. Flying School rates.
• While there is no minimum age requirement to begin flying, participants under 18 must have signed parental consent.
• You can book your flight appointments seven (7) days a week 9am – 9pm.
• Before flying, you will be required to complete a pre-flight booking form with your personal details. You declare that the information you provide to us is true. Your personal details are protected with the Privacy Act.
• If your flight is cancelled due to weather, your flight will be rescheduled. We reserve the right to reschedule your flight due to weather conditions or operational considerations. We will attempt to give you the earliest possible notice in the event of a sudden rescheduling.
• You are to arrive for your appointment booking at least ten (10) minutes early. If you are late to your flying lesson for more than fifteen (15) minutes, you forfeit your voucher and your booking is cancelled. You will not be refunded.
• Bookings are subject to availability.
• All vouchers are non-refundable.
• No changes are allowed within seventy-two (72) hours of the appointment booking, otherwise a $100 rebooking fee applies.
• A full deposit for our packages must be paid online through our booking process.
• Additional time spent in the air will incur additional costs subject to the overtime.
• A.S. Flying School is our trading name. Payments and invoices from A.S. Flying School are identified as Lift and Drift Pty Ltd.
5. BOOKINGS AND RESCHEDULING
• Booking requests can be done through the bookings process of our website or via calling our office number. After your booking is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent to you and you will be charged the deposit amount.
• Your booking may be rescheduled due to operational circumstances or weather conditions. You will be contacted as soon as reasonably possible for your next availability.
• You must provide at least seventy-two (72) hours notice prior to your appointment booking if you want to reschedule the booking.
6. REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
• All bookings are non-refundable. Cancellations will not be refunded.
• We do not offer refunds for special discount offers or vouchers.
• We do not offer refunds for change of mind.
• We do not offer refunds if a Visa to stay in Australia is cancelled or unable to be renewed.
7. RISK WARNING
• While A.S. Flying School values safety as its highest priority, you acknowledge and agree that participation by you or your child in any activity with A.S. Flying School may expose you to risk. This includes, but is not limited to, the risk of death, personal injury, physical harm, serious injury, psychological, emotional, and mental harm, illness and/or loss or damage to your property from third party participants, pre-existing health conditions, loss of control of an aircraft, collision with objects, property, equipment, engine or aircraft failure, adverse weather conditions, uncontrolled descent or forced landing, misjudgements and any failure to comply with instructions or directions.
• You agree, to the extent permitted by law, to release and indemnify A.S. Flying School for any loss or damages suffered by you when participating in any of our activities, including any of the acknowledged risks above.
• You agree to give us all relevant personal medical conditions that may affect your ability to participate in our activities without risk. You declare the information you provide A.S. Flying School to be true and accurate and not misleading in any way.
• You have read this risk warning and are aware of and voluntarily accept any risk that may arise from your or your child’s participation in any activity with A.S. Flying School. If applicable, you may have to sign a waiver to formally acknowledge these terms prior to any activity.
These Terms and Conditions may change or be updated in future.
A.S. Flying School prides itself on its one-on-one instructing. We offer flexible course hours so flying can easily fit in with your lifestyle.
Glass Cockpit Training